Privacy and data protection
Finsulate, located at Hoofddorp, The Netherlands, is responsible for the processing of your data as described in the declaration following here. You find our contact data at the footer of this page. Inside Finsulate, Mele Coronato is your contact for all matters regarding privacy and data protection. She can be reached at email@example.com or via the contact details below.
Types of personal data we collect and process
Finsulate processes your personal data as soon as you use our products or services and / or as soon as you communicate your data to us. The latter usually occurs in the context of orders, order inquiries and all related communications between you and us. This is the kind of personal data we process in such a case:
– Surname and family name
– E-Mail address
– IP address
– Time and date of your visit on our website
– other personal data which you might actively communicate to us. For instance, during written communication or via phone.
– data regarding your navigation across our website (surfing)
– Type of internet browser and operating system
Special or sensitive data we process
We have no intention whatsoever to collect personal data from visitors aged 16 or younger, be that via our website or related services. Exception: Where such persons have a valid permission from their respective parents or legal custodian. We cannot verify the age of our visitors by ourselves, however, which is why we recommend that you as parents or legal custodian to take an active interest in the web surfing activities of your children / protégés. That is the only efficient way to prevent any of their personal data being collected without your consent. Should you have the impression that this does happen nevertheless, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We´ll then proceed to delete the respective data from our systems as quickly as possible.
Finsulate processes your personal data for the following scopes:
– for our business relation with each other which can start, for instance, with an order inquiry sent by you via one of our contact forms on this website.
Your name and additional contact data such as e-mail or phone are relevant in such a context.
– for sending you our digital newsletter or printed materials like brochures, for example.
This will happen only if you have given us your explicit prior consent. After having given your consent, you remain free to withdraw it at any time, without the need to state a reason. Withdrawing your consent can be done by e-mail, phone or by writing to our postal address.
– for being able to call you or send you an e-mail message, if necessary. In other words: For being able to perform our work efficiently. Examples here include a change of the planned dates for the Finsulate works, a later arrival when we planned to meet up, or similar business related events.
– to inform you of a change in our products or services.
We analyze your movement across our website for two reasons only: To improve your user experience during your visit – and for improving our marketing. In doing so, we’re constantly adapting our offers to your wishes and preferences. We also want to be easily found in our global village. And one of the best ways to achieve that is by finding out: What are you really interested in and which search terms do you use when searching online for it?
– Finsulate also processes personal data when we are legally obliged to do so. Our tax declarations fall under this category.
Finsulate will not take decisions based upon an automatic processing of data: Those type of decisions can have substantial impact on a person and are usually generated by computer programs or systems, without a human (someone from Finsulate, for instance) having looked at the data prior to processing.
How long do we store your personal data?
Here is an overview of the time periods, per type of personal data.
Personal data including your address and other contact details: Seven years inside our accounting system.
In The Netherlands, companies established there are subject to the following tax regulation; All financial transaction data relevant to the company´s tax declarations must be stored for a period of seven years. Your order documents (such as order confirms from our side or the invoice with your name and address on it) fall into this category. We must be able to present those documents in case of an inspection conducted by tax authorities.
Our client database. We store your client data for two reasons there:
1) To facilitate a quicker ordering procedure with future bookings.
2) To be able to offer you a special discount as a regular with future orders.
Should you prefer not to have your personal data stored inside our customer relation systems, just let us know at email@example.com and we will proceed to delete it from our system.
Please note that in such a case you won´t be able to claim your discount as a regular customer any more – obvious reason: We´ll have no records left then which might tell us that you are a returning customer.
Your bank account data:
For an undetermined time, inside our own bank account.
For seven years inside our accountant system.
Your bank account data is stored in two cases as soon as you pay an invoice we sent you, by bank transfer.
Also, please keep in mind that our bank does keep its own records among which all financial transactions of our company. In other words: Even after we deleted your bank account details from our customer relations and accountancy systems, they still may remain stored as records of our bank. Same applies for our own account system of which, as said before, we are obliged to store the pertaining records for seven years. Your bank account details are relevant here: We import all our bank transactions automatically and periodically, in order to correctly associate payments to invoices. Incoming and outgoing payments alike.
Forwarding personal data to a third party
Finsulate will never sell your personal data to a third party.
We will, however, forward your personal data in two cases:
1) When we are legally obliged to do that and
2) for the scope of fulfilling our contractual obligations towards you. With our business partners with whom we may cooperate for such a scope we have made specific data protection agreements. Agreements apt to guarantee that those partners apply the very same level of scrutiny in terms of privacy and data protection as we do.
Cookies or comparable technologies we apply
Finsulate uses analytical, functional and so called tracking cookies on this website. Cookies are tiny text files stored locally in the browser of your computer, smartphone or tablet, as soon as you visit our website for the first time. The cookies we use have prevalently function-enhancing character which means: They ensure that your browsing and navigating experience through our website will be a smooth and easy one. Because contents are loading fast, are displayed correctly. And your preferences in this regard, where you did set them, are remembered, for a potential next visit. That having said, we also place cookies which trace your movement across our site. Reason: This enables us to tailor our content to your interests. The cookies will create statistics and therewith inform us about your preferences.
See, adapt or delete your personal data stored in our systems
You have the right to revoke that permission at any time. Also, you can object the way we collect or store your data. In that context you also have the right to be informed about the type of personal data we have stored about you, including the right for data transmission. The latter means that you can ask us to send you a digital copy of the data we have stored and have us adapt, correct or completely delete your data from our system. The data copy can be sent directly to you or to an organization you specify. If you wish to do this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org Also, we like to inform you that you can file complaints about us at the Dutch authority for personal data, the Autorieit Persoongegevens. This is their website:
How we protect your data
Finsulate regards the confidentiality of your personal data as very important, just as the resulting need to protect your data.
Reason why we took some specific measures to ensure that any abuse, loss, unintended modification, publication or other type of unauthorised use of your personal data is efficiently prevented. Should you nevertheless have the impression that this is not the case, then please don´t hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.
These are the measures Finsulate has taken to protect your data:
– Hosting our website with a provider who is renowned in the field for his vast knowledge and very active interest in all matters regarding privacy and data protection.
– Use of the respective youngest version of the CMS (content management system) WordPress – and very regular updates of that software including all plugins. And yes our site admin credentials are changed often and next to impossible to guess.
– Use of TLS (former known as SSL) encryption. We send our data via a secure internet connection. You can see this by the https:// preceding the of our site url – and by the little lock symbol directly left to the url.
Of course the best digital data protection measures are pointless where physical access to your data – or to printed documents containing your data – is still left to chance. That´s why we also do the following, per default:
– Whenever paper containing some of your data gets deleted, it happens with a paper shredder of the security standard P4. That is the same standard used by lawyers and notaries.
– Access to our computer and administrative offices is only possible to our Finsulate team. In other words: At no time unauthorized persons will be alone in those rooms or near our computers, without someone of our team present. Also, our computers are password protected. Real passwords and not written down anywhere – no, not even under our keyboards! ????
Any questions about this topic?
Just contact us, we’ll be happy to answer them!
firstname.lastname@example.org phone: +31 85 065 3470